Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 5 speed 2011 SE Hatchback, Blue Flame (203A package) on New years eve. I have to admit, I do like this car a lot! I've been driving my 02 ZX3 5speed (slightly modified) for the past 2 years and realized it's time to get something with a warranty and some minor features ;) (power windows and locks to start lol). [wave]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome aboard Cadet Megz! You'll love the car once you have a chance to play with it some more

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Already have some items in mind for this coming year. I can't wait to see how she does autox'ing too. So far the handling is quite nice, I'm really quite surprised. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Congrats on your Fiesta. Welcome indeed.

You should do a mini-photoshoot with your new ride and show it off.

-Ray-

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll upload some of the shots I got this past weekend to an album on here (if I can figure it out lol). Went around through downtown Cleveland and got a few pictures but it was just a little too cold to get much more than that. I'll post a link once they're up :]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There we go, thanks for the approval! Thanks. Tom, I think you may know who my boyfriend is (house where the picture was taken), Tiresmoker (Brian). So I'm sure we'll see him around on these forums. Especially since he wants to work on a turbo build for this already [paranoid]

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
^^ Definitely a nice color.

Digging the ride. ... I told my wife, when I get one, I want to start thinking Turbo as well. hehehe.

-Ray-

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! More than likely my boyfriend will be working with a local company to help design something custom and go from there. I'll let you know as soon as we start on the project and I'm sure we'll have a thread going with updates etc.

On another note, she is quite a nice car in the snow. We took the fiesta out Friday night in the fresh snow to see how the traction control/ESC was even with forced sliding conditions lol. Needless to say, never once did the car feel out of control or feel like it was near spinning. :]

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Very nice to know. Definitely putting Ford ahead on the safety factor there.

And yeah, would look forward to you and your boyfriend creating a new project thread in here. You would be the first.

-Ray-

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL! Now it's just a matter of finding the proper size turbo etc. So is anyone around the Northern Ohio/Western PA area? I've literally seen only 6 fiestas in the past 4 or so months and 1 was from DC and another is a co-worker of mine.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Give it another half year ... the traffic will grow.

Fiesta's are still a bit hard to find. I do see them at our local dealer here ... but all of them are automatic. I would want a standard one.

-Ray-

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I noticed that as well at all of the dealerships around Cleveland, 99% were autos. My car was traded with a dealer near Pittsburgh if that says anything. :/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fiesta's are still a bit hard to find. I do see them at our local dealer here ... but all of them are automatic. I would want a standard one.

-Ray-
I know it's a little far for you, but when we were looking for Megz' car it seemed as if Michigan had the majority of the manual trans Fiestas.

Oh, and there will be a nice little turbo on this car at some point this summer. I've already started messing with a few things in Inventor at work during "free time". [:D]

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
^^ Nice ^^

Yeah, Michigan is a bit of a drive.

definitely looking foward to seeing someone turbo the New Fiesta's looking forward to seeing what it can put down and handle.

-Ray-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts