Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, that happened a lot quicker than I thought it ever would, but I think I'm finally over the shock of suddenly becoming a new father. Of course I'd been following the development of the new Fiesta, but with already having a (somewhat... kinda... maybe) reliable mode of transport I didn't figure on buying one right away. Then one fine day about a month ago the wife and I are minding our own business, driving by the local Ford dealer and BAM! Wife says I need a new car. A sparkly orange car.

So I say to myself; who am I to contend with the missus when she makes such a convincing argument?

So, just about a month ago (which was 4 days after we first stopped in to look at the car?!?!) we brought home a new baby sibling for Recall. 10 years younger, but just as bright, and just as much fun to drive.

Wife has taken to calling this one 'Mango'.
2011 Ford Fiesta SES hatchback in Yellow Blaze Tri-coat Metallic. 5-spd, SYNC, black leather interior, heated seats; loaded.

First family photos. Mango trying out big brother's Euro plate:

One month and 3500 miles later. I've swapped out the chrome LED bezels for black ones and gotten the Fiesta it's own Euro plate:

According to the wife, I'm not allowed to 'mod' this one for at least a year. But she never said anything about stock-piling parts and leaving it in the shop for a week once it hits that one year mark. I'm holding her to it

Enjoy guys! [cheers]

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Nice!!!...

I can see it.. A year and one day and you will be all over that car...

I want one too, just not yet, too many other projects to finish.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Nice looking ride ... my wife likes them also, but we are going to wait til after XMas and see what's next in the lineup as well.

The rear bumpers on your rides look the same. :)

The Mod bug is definitely going to buzzing around you for the next year.

-Ray-

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice!!!...

I can see it.. A year and one day and you will be all over that car...

I want one too, just not yet, too many other projects to finish.
You can sell me the front Euro bumper off Ashley's old car anytime you want Bill, lol.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking ride ... my wife likes them also, but we are going to wait til after XMas and see what's next in the lineup as well.

The rear bumpers on your rides look the same. :)

The Mod bug is definitely going to buzzing around you for the next year.

-Ray-
I think I scored a victory today. lol, at least in my own mind.

We went out to a movie and took the Focus; which was the first ride the wife has had in that car since we bought the Fiesta. During the drive, after I had a little fun goosing the throttle, she claimed the ONLY thing she thought was lacking in the Fiesta was the power. Said she liked to have a car that didn't struggle and loose power up really steep hills. Then she asked the magic question.... how much do things like turbo kits cost?

I told her what a good FSWerks one would likely cost when they were done with development and she said we'd look at it in a year or so. [cheers]

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I think I scored a victory today. lol, at least in my own mind.

We went out to a movie and took the Focus; which was the first ride the wife has had in that car since we bought the Fiesta. During the drive, after I had a little fun goosing the throttle, she claimed the ONLY thing she thought was lacking in the Fiesta was the power. Said she liked to have a car that didn't struggle and loose power up really steep hills. Then she asked the magic question.... how much do things like turbo kits cost?

I told her what a good FSWerks one would likely cost when they were done with development and she said we'd look at it in a year or so. [cheers]
WIN WIN WIN !!!! [cheers][headbang]

Your wife is seeing the Auto-God's Light!!! lol.

Nice ... look forward to seeing you guys Turbo that wonderful machine.

-Ray-

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just past 5000 miles. Working on some plans for shows this coming year!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
^^ Very nice.

I hope to get one next year and then start showing by the end of the year.

-Ray-

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
You and Ashley have to have a contest to see who hits 10,000 miles first!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You and Ashley have to have a contest to see who hits 10,000 miles first!
I'm already close to 9k and she's in Hawaii, lol. I think I got this [cheers]

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
^^^^ ahhh shiz...its on now...I think Ash is around 7500, but I dunno....someone is buying someone a milkshake at sonic!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^^^ ahhh shiz...its on now...I think Ash is around 7500, but I dunno....someone is buying someone a milkshake at sonic!
9157 when I pulled into the parking lot at work today [cheers]

·
Registered
25 Posts
first time i have seen a Fiesta and a focus MK1 side by side like that showing front and back together.

very similar.

Can't lose your cars on the street with those colors!!

I pass a yeller Fiesta every day tahts up on a lift at the dealer. I keep wanting to test drive it [:)]

hows the power compared to the ZX3?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
first time i have seen a Fiesta and a focus MK1 side by side like that showing front and back together.

very similar.

Can't lose your cars on the street with those colors!!

I pass a yeller Fiesta every day tahts up on a lift at the dealer. I keep wanting to test drive it [:)]

hows the power compared to the ZX3?
The 2001 ZX3's with the 2.0l Zetec engine were rated at 120 bhp (obviously less at the wheels in stock form; we all know how that works). The Fiesta has a 1.6l Duratec rated for 120 bhp and the overall car is slightly lighter than the Focus. It's not a rocket, but it's powerful enough to get out of it's own way.

Like with the Focus, it's handling characteristics are great and allow you to use 9/10ths of the power you have in just about any situation.

When I start upgrading this car, I'm aiming for 160hp at the wheels. Even that modest amount should be enough to make this little car a beast [thumb]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts