Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

What do you think?

• I think the gold or bronze would look good on tan.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Ghetto" you say? Slap dat hoe, black looks sick.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Dude, just get aftermarket rims you cheap ass.

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like all of you here, I love customizing my car. I have been thinking of dipping my rims. Up until this morning I only knew of flat black, gray, blue and orange Plasti Dip. Well, I found out there is a gold metalizer that I think will look cool on my tan car. And if not, I can just peel it off!!

So here is a quick photo-chop I did to see what the black would look like. The wife says it's "ghetto", haha.

I am not sure how to photoshop the gold/bronze look to the rims... [8]

ETA: Forgot to add, here is what the gold metalizer will sorta look like. Though, I don't think I would black them out first.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qd9ILYezWM&feature=plcp"]PlastiDip Metalizer Gold - How to Use - DipYourCar.com - YouTube[/nomedia]

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hmmm. The black dip looks good. Not sure about the gold though...kinda pimpin'...[rofl]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will the plasti dip actually hold up on the rim?
I have no idea, never used it before. I just saw a youtube video and then started looking and a ton of people do it. I think I am just going to look into different rims. I think I want to go with 18s anyway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
do NOT do the gold... won't look right on the tan paint. Black goes with anything... although I would suggest leaving the "mercury" part of the center cap silver with the chrome exposed lugs...that would be sweet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts