Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to check out the new Fiesta and I noticed that there is plenty of room in the engine bay. Should be great for mods. Another thought- did they do that on purpose so they can make a performance version later?(2.0L or space for ecoboost maybe?) I love it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went to check out the new Fiesta and I noticed that there is plenty of room in the engine bay. Should be great for mods. Another thought- did they do that on purpose so they can make a performance version later?(2.0L or space for ecoboost maybe?) I love it.
The reason they did it was to save your life. It's crumple zone. My wife's 08 Dodge Caravan had a lot of space to. Her '99 had none. You could not even see the back valve cover.

Space for mods is just a bonus.

Don't hold your breath for a U.S. performance version. I don't see the Focus as a big seller until gas gets $5 a gallon. A different engine will not only cost a lot to tool up for, but all the EPA certifications too.

Dan
65 Corvair convertible
11 Fiesta SE sedan

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Too much to tool up for? Not with the Global platform. Check out the new Fiesta ST if you don't believe it. Completely different engine. You might be right about the space being for crash rating/safety though. I still dig it.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
It would be great to see a performance version come down the pike.. Rumor has it that Ford is at least considering it...and they are REALLY trying to push the ecoboost platform, so we might get lucky

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I haven't seen a Fiesta in person stopped yet ... seen them moving.

So, when I get a chance, I would love to see under the hood of one, one of these days.

-Ray-

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Only a matter of time before someone thinks about putting one of those in the Fiesta.

-Ray-

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
^^^ Could be cool, but I"d rather keep it small and light....can anyone say BOOST!

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
^^^ Hahahaha, yeah....I was just looking under the hood of Ashley's fiesta this weekend... Lots of space :)..A turbo or a blower would fit right in there

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I am going to wait until either after christmas or Spring to pick one up ... that's if the FiestaST doesn't make headlines of release by then.

-Ray-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts