3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
[twothumbs]

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
So I got the pulley machined to 0.78" diameter. You can see traces of the keyway that was machined into it prior to opening up the hole...

Here's the belt I got. Since I measured with the 3.8" pulley, I intially was going with a 97" belt, but since I'm now going with a 2.76" pulley, I decided to go with a 96" belt. I may have to go with a slightly longer belt, but I'll find out Monday. Skipper (the owner) just sold the front axle this weekend, so I'll be pulling it out Monday or Tuesday, and coming back up Wednesday evening to drop the axle off. The funds will go towards the link brackets...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
So skipper sold the front axle, so it had to get pulled. Here it is out and ready to take a trip...

Here it is in the back of my truck...

Started trying to pull the supercharger pulley to swap it from the stock 3.8" to a 2.76"...

Ended up having to pull the snout off and use the press. The stock pulley separated from the hub, but finally got it off and swapped. Here is the smaller pulley installed...

Here is the belt installed. I had to open the tensioner all the way and the belt was snug going on, but looks like I guess right, it fits. I may need to fab a bracket for an additional idler if there is belt slippage...

Here's the jeep sitting on jackstands awaiting its new axle. It's gonna be a bit before the new axle goes in. I rolled the front tires under the front to mimic its on 4 wheels. Looks funny...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
99-04 superduty 60 narrowed 4" (to 65"), rear is a 70's full float 60 with the spindles bored out to accept 35 spline. The rear is 65", so it was either widen the rear, or narrow the front. Skipper's going to driving this on the road, and he doesn't want it any wider than it needs to be. The rear 60 will get redrilled to 8x170, and front 60 rotors and calipers will be used for ease of maintanence...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Nope, because of the right price, picked it up in my yard for $250 complete. Its getting a triangulated 4 link front & rear with ORI struts on all 4 corners...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
I picked up an 05+ superduty 60 for $150, its misding the driver side inner and outer shafts, unit bearing, caliper bracket, caliper and rotor, but has everything else, including steering linkage, tracbar and both radius arms. Unit bearings are $140 at rock auto, $295 local, $15 for the caliper bracket. I picked up a matching rear sterling 10.5 thats complete for about $95. Holding onto those for another future project...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Got a little more work done this past week. Got all the 4 link axle and frame brackets ordered, they came in a couple days ago. Gotta get the front axle narrowed so I can get the brackets on...

Got the hubs redrilled to match the front metric pattern, 8x170mm...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Time to get back on this. As some of you know, I finally got my shop moved to the new location, and got the jeep moved into the shop. I started by narrowing the front 60 from 69.25" wms to a rear matching 65"...

The 60 narrowed, awaiting the inner C to be installed...

Here's the rear full float 60 awaiting assembly...

Here is some of the parts pile for the jeep...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Did some work on this yesterday. Got the inner C on and welded up...

Some body work...

...For these...

Then set the rock rails in place...

The logo...

Mounting some tires....

Mocking the tires in place. This is close to full bump, meaning the suspension is completely compressed...

This is about ride height...

Cody helping...

Miscellaneous mockup and build pics...

And today I trimmed the corner guards to fit the wheel well opening on the front side. Borrowed my buddies 120v plasma, probably for the last time. This is only 3/16" thick, and it took way too long to cut, not to mention tripped my circuit breaker several times...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Andrew Nalin made em, yeah...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Yeah, they're pretty kool. I plan on getting a set of dimple dies and start making something similar for rangers...

SVT

101 - 114 of 114 Posts