Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got a decent look at a new Fiesta. I just rolled by the one the dealership had out on the lot. It was a hatch model and the sticker was $19,8xx. Certainly the car is a nice looking design, but boy did it look small.

Now I know what you are thinking, it is small and it is supposed to be small.
I just hadn't actually seen one. So I was somewhat shocked at the combination of price and size. I can see $14-15k, but $20k?

Of course my "quick impression" was just that. Had I had the opportunity to really take in the car more, get inside, drive, etc. I know I would have many positive things to say other than it looks small and expensive and I do realize
not all Fiesta stickers push $20k.

So, the next course of action is of course to drive one. More than anything right now I am curious and a new car doesn't fit into the picture for my family right now. I would naturally spend a lot of time dreaming about a 2dr hatch for fun. But for now, I just swallowed my first Fiesta pill so to speak.

Without a doubt it is a damn nice looking small car.

When I test drive one I will post up. Until then I will be keeping an eye on the forum for info and such.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Remember if you go to the Ford website and request a Fiesta brochure you get a $750 off coupon which makes the price much more affordable. Also while some dealers are asking over sticker it seems you can get a few hundred off if you shop around.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Man ... if an ST comes around for a good cost ... My buying hand is going to itch.

-Ray-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Chalon, where have you been?

Right now its also a big dilemma for me, as I'm waiting to see if they have the ST in the works.
Hey Tom. I am actually looking ahead for my Daughter. She is going to be 13 this year, so I'm thinking a nice used Fiesta in 3 years. My 02 FZTW will be around till it is terminal, so I'm hoping for another 100k (at 140K right now).
Wife's car is at 82K. I'm just hoping everyone doesn't need a car all at once lol.

As far as an ST goes...man if they show up with a 3 door ST....I'm screwed!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That stinks ... maybe the ST will come around when your 100K is reached.

Then upgrade. Or help your daughter deck out the ride ... hehe

-Ray-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That stinks ... maybe the ST will come around when your 100K is reached.

Then upgrade. Or help your daughter deck out the ride ... hehe

-Ray-
I'd love to spring for a new car for her, but it is really not necessary. The way cars are built today, 10 years @ 15K miles per year is par. Hell, I will probably end up with one myself at some point. By then all the performance goodies will be out too...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Indeed ... we are just awaiting. The injen Intake just came out for the car and I believe there is also an Exhaust out.

It's exciting to see a new ride come alive with mods. Fresh Mod Meat. I look forward to hearing how people's fiestas will respond to the mods.

-Ray-

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ill be all over an St. By just getting into it and looking at the materials and fit and finish you will see why it has a higher price tag. After driving it you will appreciate it even more. Drive it back to back with a bmw or a mini and see what you think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts