~ Automatic
~ Rapid Spec 301A
~ Exterior Upgrade Package
~ 16" Premium Wheels
~ Leather trimmed heated seats
~ Euro Rear Spoiler
~ Body Kit by 3D Carbon
~ Remote Start

Pretty much fully loaded. I will be selling the svt focus and this will be taking over as the new DD. One question and I can't seem to find an answer to, can you burn E85 in these cars?

·
Registered
5 Posts
why are you getting Auto?
with you have 2 SVT in your garage...
i think other than Auto, it is great.

with such small motor, i think with manual is going to drive a little better!!

but ya, it is loaded.
do you mind if i ask how much?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

but ya, it is loaded.
I went with an auto because I am in the city alot of driving stick in rush hour everday is getting really old fast lol. I paid 21,xxxk$. I also got the x-plan discount. Plus I still have the cobra for stick driving. I hate having to burn premium in the svtfocus, can't wait to get rid of it.

·
Registered
114 Posts

but ya, it is loaded.
Probably bc he wanted the quickest most fuel efficient fiesta. Remeber this isnt any auto its the 6spd duel clutch powershift transmission. It doesnt have manual shift as of yet but even in automode itll be shifting faster ans more efficiently then the manual.

That is awesome that ford is offerig the body kits too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will post pics as soon as I get it. I don't believe they start building them until may thou.

New plans: Instead of selling my svtf to someone I don't know or trade it in, my dad has offered to buy it from me and it will be his dd/kinda project car. Pretty kool that it will be staying in the family and same household :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
We Reserved/Pre-Ordered a Fiesta SES 4-Dr Hatchback on Wednesday of last week. Since the car comes well-equipped to begin with, all we added was pushbutton start and the 6-speed automatic. Supposed to be getting the SYNCH with navigation and premium sound system as a freebie, not bad.

The only sour note was Ford doesn't offer the Orange Peel paintjob, it was dropped for whatever reason. Since we couldn't get that we opted for the equally beautiful Lime Squeeze metallic finish instead.

Thought briefly about ordering the car in yellow, but then found out it's a $300 option! Can't wait to see a new Fiesta in this color, curious to see what makes it worth that kind of money!

·
Registered
114 Posts
We Reserved/Pre-Ordered a Fiesta SES 4-Dr Hatchback on Wednesday of last week. Since the car comes well-equipped to begin with, all we added was pushbutton start and the 6-speed automatic. Supposed to be getting the SYNCH with navigation and premium sound system as a freebie, not bad.

The only sour note was Ford doesn't offer the Orange Peel paintjob, it was dropped for whatever reason. Since we couldn't get that we opted for the equally beautiful Lime Squeeze metallic finish instead.

Thought briefly about ordering the car in yellow, but then found out it's a $300 option! Can't wait to see a new Fiesta in this color, curious to see what makes it worth that kind of money!
Yea it sucks that the orange isnt coming, but the yellow is supposed to be between yellow and orange. I have a feeling in person it probably looks awesome and may be worth every penny to some people. I wish they had a deeper green, the lime squeeze is cool but too yellow for my tastes.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Very cool to see you guys pre-ordering. We are planning on mobbing a dealership as soon as they come in. I am very interested in that yellow as well... I was suprised they dropped the orange...I am quite excited to see them on the dealers lot. Drove a tester in Carlisle and really enjoyed it!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Yea got the sync with navigation and premium sound as a freebie also. I just seen now you can add a power moon roof, but it says "Late availability". Did you opt for the leather seats? I just hate cloth seats.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yea got the sync with navigation and premium sound as a freebie also. I just seen now you can add a power moon roof, but it says "Late availability". Did you opt for the leather seats? I just hate cloth seats.
I wanted to, but the wife likes the standard cloth seats better. The Focus SES we have now has a dark charcoal cloth interior, and it has held up pretty good over these past 5 years. Hopefully the Fiesta's interior fabrics will prove to be equally sturdy, as time goes on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wanted to, but the wife likes the standard cloth seats better. The Focus SES we have now has a dark charcoal cloth interior, and it has held up pretty good over these past 5 years. Hopefully the Fiesta's interior fabrics will prove to be equally sturdy, as time goes on.
It will prob. be just as good if not the same fabric they used in the ses focus. Me and my g/f bring our dog with us and take him to the park alot so it is easier to get the hair off of leather then cloth. I always lay a blanket down also. My dealer didn't tell me when they will start building them but I've been hearing in may they will so should take delivery sometime in June? Have you heard anything?

·
Registered
158 Posts
It will prob. be just as good if not the same fabric they used in the ses focus. Me and my g/f bring our dog with us and take him to the park alot so it is easier to get the hair off of leather then cloth. I always lay a blanket down also. My dealer didn't tell me when they will start building them but I've been hearing in may they will so should take delivery sometime in June? Have you heard anything?
I know what you mean about dogs. We used to take our dog Max to the park in our '01 Focus ZX3 hatchback, and he would have shed like crazy if we didn't put a beach towel down on the seat first!

When these cars will actually arrive locally is still up in the air here where we live. Our dealership doesn't have any firm info on this yet, they're saying the cars should start arriving from the factory sometime early this Summer. I hope so, it would give us at least 3 months of nice weather to enjoy the new car before yet another crappy Missouri winter sets in again!

On a related note, I really wish that Ford would get on the stick and start stocking brochures on the Fiesta at the dealerships. We still don't have any here, and it seems to me Ford could do a lot more pre-order business on this car if people had actual catalogs that they could take home and look over at their leisure.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Found out recently that the SES we're buying doesn't come with fog lamps. The L.E.D. DRLs housed in those chromed side scoops are ok, but I still wish fogs had been part of the standard package as they are on the European version.

Here in MO fogs are almost a necessity during certain months of the year, too bad the 2011 Fiesta doesn't offer them. But all is not lost, maybe Ford will do a slight frontal restyle on the Fiesta for the '12 or '13 model year and correct this oversight.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Found out recently that the SES we're buying doesn't come with fog lamps. The L.E.D. DRLs housed in those chromed side scoops are ok, but I still wish fogs had been part of the standard package as they are on the European version.

Here in MO fogs are almost a necessity during certain months of the year, too bad the 2011 Fiesta doesn't offer them. But all is not lost, maybe Ford will do a slight frontal restyle on the Fiesta for the '12 or '13 model year and correct this oversight.
I was wondering the same thing. Its like every image or pic of the new fiesta they all had fog light, but then when you build it through ford were getting the LEDs. What purpose is the LEDs gonna serve? Pretty much an additional marker light?

Edit: Fiesta4Me, I got 2 pamphlets/brochures on the fiesta from ford. You said you didn't get any? If you want I can post of pic of both to see if you got the same ones.

·
Registered
158 Posts
[wave]
I was wondering the same thing. Its like every image or pic of the new fiesta they all had fog light, but then when you build it through ford were getting the LEDs. What purpose is the LEDs gonna serve? Pretty much an additional marker light?

Edit: Fiesta4Me, I got 2 pamphlets/brochures on the fiesta from ford. You said you didn't get any? If you want I can post of pic of both to see if you got the same ones.
I think the L.E.D.s are pretty much as you described, an extra set of side marker lights. I really do like the car's overall appearance, but the stylists at Ford could have made those chrome side scoops a little bit smaller and created much the same visual effect. If they are chrome-plated I hope they won't discolor/pit over time. Winters here in MO can be bad news, sometimes, and the salt, cinders and assorted road chemicals the highway department uses can really do a number on a car's exterior paint/trim, if you're not careful to rinse it off every so often.

I apologize if I misspoke, 'cause I think we have the same materials on the Fiesta as you do. Over time we've received several pamphlets in the mail, but never a full-fledged brochure like you should be able to get now at any Ford dealership (our dealer here in town still hasn't received any yet). The way this is going, we'll have our new SES and be driving it way before the brochures ever show up! I've been trying to interest several of my friends in the car, but without catalogs they can look over at home it's really turning into an uphill battle.[?|]

The images of the Fiesta in most all of the pamphlets we've received thus far shows the European version with the round fogs nicely integrated into the front bumper, why Ford couldn't have carried that cool (and useful) styling cue over to the U.S. models is beyond me. I know we have these 5-mph bumper crash standards, but I don't see how a pair of recessed round fogs would have compromised any existing safety requirements, do you?

And you can call me Bob! [wave]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I only hope that the cloth seats are more static resistant than the ones in my Yaris. Any time the humidity is below 50% here is So.Cal. (which is about 90% of the time), I get the living daylights shocked out of me every time I exit the car. It's really terrible. I hold my keys to the metal of the door when I get out and see 1/2" sparks in broad daylight!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I only hope that the cloth seats are more static resistant than the ones in my Yaris. Any time the humidity is below 50% here is So.Cal. (which is about 90% of the time), I get the living daylights shocked out of me every time I exit the car. It's really terrible. I hold my keys to the metal of the door when I get out and see 1/2" sparks in broad daylight!
I know what you mean. The interior fabrics on our ZX3 are the same way when the weather is just right, when I slide off the seat and then leave the car I sometimes get a really nice jolt when I touch metal. Doesn't happen everytime, but I definitely recall the times it has! Sometimes I'll remember to quickly smack the car door or roof with my fingertips to avoid getting zapped, one day my neighbor saw me doing this and asked "Why are you slapping that poor Focus? Don't you like your little car?!" [rofl]

I'm thinking that if Ford did enough focus group research pre-production they surely know that this static-shock thing is an ongoing problem, so maybe the Fiesta cloth interiors won't be a concern in this area. Got my fingers crossed.

A friend of mine has a Yaris 2-door, and it's been rock-solid transportation for him. Looks good and gets excellent gas mileage, can't ask for more than that these days! And speaking of mileage, I'm hearing rumors that gas could be around $3.50 (or more) a gallon nationwide by August/September. When that happens, owning a smaller car like a Fiesta or Yaris is suddenly gonna strike a lot of people as a very good idea.

1 - 20 of 385 Posts