Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Theglassmakers beater build. Nonford continent...

Sorry its nonford, I don't have any ford projects happening any time soon.

I bought this car last January, searching for a cheap winter to get by cause my DD wasn't wanting to start in the negative degree weather. Once I saw the ad I had to have it. AWD coupe for $700 how could I gp wrong?!

I went and test drove the car, had it in my possession in less than a hour. It ran great, awd worked great, came with some spare parts in the trunk.

The good:
It also came with a stripped interior with dual racing seats, KYB GR2 shocks, whiteline bushings, custom exhaust, aftermarket CD player, and a winch.

The Bad:
It had been previously wrecked, owner said he was playing around on some icy roads and slid into a tree. Passenger side fender, rocker, door, and quarter all damaged, windshield cracked too. the quarter had been hammered back into some kind of shape so the door could open and closed and the door replaced.

He began to part the car out, selling the interior, front bumper, wheels, and a few other things, then once the market got cold, he decided to use the car as utility vehicle to get wood for his house. He threw in a couple seats, added a winch and called it a day.

I test drove it with 6 inches of snow and ice on the roads this is the first night with her home.

My first thing I wanted to add is a barrier between the passenger compartment and the trunk to add a little privacy and to keep the interior warmer in the winter.

I bought a roll off speaker box carpet and put it in. I used some existing hole to put bolts and nuts in to hold it in place.

Then I added some LED lights to the HVAC controls so I could see them at night.

My first good snow and my chance to play around in a empty parking lot.

I soon added and rally pic sticker

Pretty much spent the summer just enjoying the car.

I made a couple videos, one of the exhaust and one of the winch.

Exhaust.

winch.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Then in the last couple months I started to work on the exterior.

I bought a set of 05 WRX wheels, covered in plastidip.

Cleaned them up.

Then I got a free L front bumper, grille and corner markers.

I painted the bumper blue, but it came out lighter than what I wanted. It will do for now.
(don't mind the mess in my utility room)

I went to my first subaru get together yesterday. 12/31/14

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A couple recent pictures.

I went and picked up some free seats today. Front and rear. I was able to fit all four pieces in the trunk/ back seat area.

Finally seats!!

Just to jog your memory.

Before.

During and after.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a nice little dusting while I was at work last night. I stopped to fill up on my way to the store to get some supplies just in case.

Today after playing around on the back roads around my house.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like it. I'm going to remount it some time. I hope to change front bumpers again before I do.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ordered new hardware from Subaru to bolt the rear seat in properly.

I also need to put the factory seat belts in the rear which I have, but I'm also missing a couple bolts. I have enough to do one side.

I also picked up the trunk vents and plastic covers for the seat brackets and seat belt covers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snow starting to melt went over and played around in slush in my side yard.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Nice little project. It'd be kool if you built a grille guard and mojnted the winch to it...

SVT

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did want to do that originally. But I don't have any welding skills.

Here's what I would like.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
I can build you one, just need some measurements...

SVT

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No it's off the car. I left all the power wires and everything. I wanted to put back on the car but upside down. Never done it yet.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want this bumper then mount it in the mouth upside down.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes that's the 98-00 2.5rs bumper. The STI in Japan had a similar bumper but with fog covers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are for sale all the time usually 3500-6500. It's not hard to find one with a STI swap already done too. I usually see 1 or 2 a month I good shape.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts