Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Long story sort. I bought me a second Subaru, then had to return it.

Well...had the car for like 18hrs. Something went wrong with the loan. We went back to try and straighten out the problem but then they ended up needing money down cause of the negative equity... Which we don't have right now...

So they allowed us to return the car... Looks like our best bet is to hold out for a couple more months get the Mazda below what we have been offered 3 times now for trade in.

Very disappointed.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
They are for sale all the time usually 3500-6500. It's not hard to find one with a STI swap already done too. I usually see 1 or 2 a month I good shape.
I meant just the bumper

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Oh a whole jdm front end can be had for like 1200 plus shipping. It's pretty easy to find them around here all you need to do is ask. they made like 4 or different phases of them all are interchangeable you just have to change the headlights.

I think my head lights have been swapped out to 98-00 cause my grille is off a outback sport and shouldn't have fit around my head lights, if they were still 97.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Looks like I got some updating to do.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Decided to clean up the engine bay a little.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Picked up a new oil filter.

First oil change since I've owned the car, not happy to see a fram filter. Was also a a little alerting see the Subaru filter is so much smaller. It fits really well tho.

Also a Subaru collector from Texas sent me some clear depo side markers and complete sockets and pig tales.

Got everything rewired and swapped out.

First time ever having working corner markers.

I started working on my winter setup. But with this year's warm winter we have yet to see any snow yet. Wanted high lighter yellow plastidip, I've never owned a can ever and it seems to hard to find. I found line green of duplicolor version. I had some beauty rings off a old ranger.

Next on the menu is a new air filter, when out to run into town a few weekends ago car wouldn't start. First time I've ever had a hiccup. Thought it was a fuel, or spark issue. Wanted to clean my MAF and found this dirty filter. I forget I don't have fender liners and my air box cut to make a ram air system. I cleaned the filter with water and I'm just running it dry. I got a new filter coming from Subaru. Car has been issue free since the filter was cleaned out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I picked up carpet and rear parcel shelve from my friends WRX part out. Also got emblems off the back of his STI.

Carpet needs some TLC

Also finally snowed here, so I was able to put my snow tires on.

I always wanted the symmetrical AWD emblems for my trunk.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Fixed a fuel line that rusted thru. Had to make a new one. Serious pain in the ass.

I cross referenced parts and got a perrin foam filter. I had a foam filter when I bought the car and I later changed it to a oem paper one. I decided to go back to a reusable foam after the paper got too dirty after a few months.

Mail lady left it like this.

Also cleaned up the engine bay. Removed some wires from a winch the car used to have a while ago.

Then finally. With the help of a couple local enthusiasts. I spent a total of $10 on seats, carpet, rear parcel shelve, and floor mats.

The carpet and rear shelf are out of a GD WRX. The carpet needed to be trimmed around the trunk release, hvac floors vents, and seat belt mounts. I had to trim a inch or more from the corners of the rear shelf.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts