Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only been on here a few times, but is there word about a 3 door fiesta? Have we seen them is Europe getting them and we are not?

Discuss...

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Sooooo far we only get the 5 door...but Ford has to know there is interest in a 3 door. Question is ( for Ford) is there ENOUGH???

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Same here. I like the 5 door, but if a 3 door with some extra umph comes around. I will be staring at that for buy time.

-Ray-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, and the body kits are Hella Sweet. 3D Carbon lip kit is sweet and Pumaspeed has the WRC Full kit, it is SICK as hell. If FORD has a Turbo 3 door. Sha boom I will be the first to pre-order.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a bad feeling that the Focus and Fiesta in the US will go the way of the Impreza and Mazda 3: Only being offered in a 5 door hatch.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have that same feeling. It's because its still aims at families. And a 3 door isn't family friendly.

-Ray-

·
Registered
73 Posts
The problem is Ford sells only 3000 to 5000 Fiesta's a month. They spent their second body style money on the sedan. In receint times, the 2 door sells a lot less.

I agree, I would have bought a 2 door too.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
The problem is Ford sells only 3000 to 5000 Fiesta's a month. They spent their second body style money on the sedan. In receint times, the 2 door sells a lot less.

I agree, I would have bought a 2 door too.
^^^ yeah, lets face it...whether we like "emor not ....The sedans sell.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
but that's why they also gave us the 5 Door. Its a good medium for a coupe with a hatch feel.

-Ray-

·
Registered
6 Posts
i swear i read somewhere online that we are getting the 3door st fiesta about the same time we get the 2012 st focus. i think it comes out a few months later than the focus st. i am almost willing to bet on this, im that sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think the fiesta will come in an st, it will be an RS. Europe has been wanting it for years and now that the fiesta is the new WRC car I would plan on it. You heard it here first!!! [cheers] 4wd 350hp[^]

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
It would be even more sweet to offer a Rally Edition model. Wider stance, turbo and big brakes.

-Ray-

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Yes, just do a small run like Mazda does...Lets say 5,000 cars. You will sell them to the enthusiasts

·
Registered
6 Posts
If they make it available to the american market I couldn't see them having a problem getting rid of that many cars. Just look at how many cars the UK market moves by itself.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
But the European market is all about the small cars. Over here, there is a whole lot more market for larger cars, SUVs and trucks.

So, the small car may not move as quickly as we would like to get more options on the small cars. Unfortunately ... boo.

-Ray-

1 - 20 of 22 Posts