Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fiesta

I too bought a Fiesta in February, and started noticing the grinding noise and occasional slipping in the transmission. Took it to the dealer, they hooked it up said it was up to date no issues. Took it back just today, still no issues. Still sounds like crap. So I called an acquaintance at another dealership and asked if he had been getting any complaints. He sent me this off of the dealer site related to the issue. I still think there is something wrong and they don't want to fess up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my 2013 hatchback with 8 miles on it. Drove it home didn't notice anything after about 200 miles noticed the shutter right at 500 miles a terriable grinding/crackling sound. Pulled over called ford they had it towed to my local delearship not where I bought the car they towed it to Fugate Ford in El dorado springs mo. Went in this morining to see when they thought they could look at it. They said they get to it in a day or two. Spoke to the owner to see if they had a loaner car or anything they could offer me. No they don't rent cars. Ok funny they had a loaner car for my friend when his dodge broke down. Bring that up. Well did you buy the car from us? No i Bought it from another delearship well if you had bought it from us we would have it right in and give you a loaner car. I have only had this car 6 days. Call the delearship I bought it from he said he would call his rep waited all day nothing back from anyone call the sales manger again where i bought it from Don Vance Ford in Marshfield mo he says it ain't our fault we sale them not make them talk to ford. I have already called Ford. 1 I was a little frustrated that a new car broke down so quickly but understand things happen. 2 I was a little more frustrated that it was going to take them a couple days to get it in but ok your busy you got lots of customer in front of me but then you tell me that if I had bought it from you you would get it right in that tells me that you could get it right in and that you don't care about service only customers.

I traded in my 2013 mustang GT so my wife would have a good gas saver to drive her mom back and forth out of town to doctors appts and not have to worry about our older car with 200,000 miles breaking down and the car with 500 miles breaks down on us. I had ever attention to order a 2015 mustang gt as soon as they came out as the Fiesta would be paid off and I wanted a Mustang Back. Right now though I'm so upset with the communtication between ford delearships slow response from there Reps and a car that I can't drive that Ford may of just lost a life long customer just have to get this pony and cobra tats removed.

******Edit the ford customer rep for All ford mustang did respond to me quickly and say she would add it to my file. Deysha is her name. But no one as called me as of yet like she stated they would and no one seems to want to help. This is very quickly starting to look like Ford response to everything just ignore it and it will go away. They reacted the same way to the manual transmission issues in teh 2011-2012 mustang gts and the number 8 cylinder issue in the 2011-2012 gt's that were laying over the pistion rings telling everyone there was nothing wrong but then change the pistons and rings in 2013. I would bet money that there is a change to the transmissions for 2014.******

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012 Ford Fiesta Transmission Issue

My daughter has been complaining about a hesitation when starting from a complete stop for about 6 mo now. She even said it feels like riding in a manual transmission vehicle. Since she is always on the go, I had not the time to understand her complaint, but it sounds like similar issues above. I drove the car the other day and she is absolutely right. It feels horrible from a complete stop to just getting going. Kinda feels like the car is going to stall. I totally did not expect this when we brought the vehicle brand new. I did mention this to my local dealer (Suburban Ford of Waterford, MI) during an airbag recall work. Like the threads above, their initial response was this was normal. Now by reading the above threads, it is definitely not normal and looks like I'll have to make an issue out of it to get some attention. Really, why does this have to be a pain!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 Ford Fiesta

Bought a 2013 Ford Fiesta and at 5000 miles it started shaking when you started from a dead stop. It got worse and the car ended up at the dealership. They said that is was a defective seal in the Transmission that allowed fluid to leak on the dual clutch set up. They replaced the clutches, provided for a rent car and all turned out ok.. Or did it? What is to say if the problem has existed since 2011 that the seal will not start leaking again at 36001?? I am pursuing a trade-exchange or whatever and get out of the FIesta..
Buy a new car and replace the Transmission at 5000????? Unacceptable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2012 Fiesta with 19,000 miles and for the last two weeks been experiencing possible transmission problems. The car has a 6-speed automatic transmission in it. When the car starts up from a dead stop, it immediately shudders a little (like a fouled spark plug or transmission slipping a little), then right after 3rd gear shifts, another shudder happens like you're driving over a few ripples in the road. No symptoms like these at highway speeds or when the motor is cold. These things are now happening about 90% of the time. Talked with my Ford service manager this morning about this and he told me he has had many complaints from Fiesta customers about these same symptoms. He went on to tell me it is the 6-speed transmission doing this and not a fouled plug. He told me I would probalby have to live with these things because it's just how the transmission was designed. I don't think I will accept that. Has anyone else had these problems and if so, what have you been told? ..... I am taking the car to the dealership later today for them to check it out.
Everything was great until 25K now all hell has broken loose at 47K the same problem persist 2nd and third gear shutter / so bad I would never trust this car to my 16 year old daughter to drive FILE A BBB COMPLAINT today I will keep you posted

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem, fixed

I got my 2012 Fiesta, auto, in july with 22K miles. Between 1st and 2nd gears I noticed a shudder in the transmission and the whole car would shake, happened consistently about 70% of the time. Went to the dealership 3 days ago, they found the problem and fixed it in 2 days. And loaned me a rental car. The problem was a leak in the transmission fluid. They replaced the clutch and sealed the leak. Drives 120% better now and noticeably better fuel economy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't mean to necro this thread, but I have bought a 2012 Fiesta a few months back. The stuttering I thought was just because it was just the small engine. Was always from a stop to first (6 speed automatic).
-Earlier this morning the engine stayed at a really high rpm and was stuck in between 2nd and 3rd gear (should of down shifted, but it did not). I had to put it in nuetral to brake. Inspecting under the gas there was nothing that caught on the pedal or anything.

-This car is at about 20k miles, oil changed every 5k miles. Question is, does that stutter thing have something to do with the gear getting stuck? Really dissapointed my first new car is turning out to be a lemon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got a little over 16K on my 2013 and it locked up in Park and will not come out at all so I'm having it towed to the dealership where I bought it from today so later on I should know what they find out .

·
Banned
2 Posts
This is bad sell your Fiesta fast I have had 2 sets of clutches fail , one at 34K and now at 65K and Ford said to bad you pay . It will cost you $2000 to fix it. They have released 3 TSB to try to fix the oil leak. The seal on the output shaft leaks on the clutch plates and they start slipping. That's the shaking stuff . I am selling mine FAST before the world finds out, you will have to give it away the.

·
Registered
1 Posts
happy ending??

I have the SAME EXACT problems with my 13 fiesta. I drive around greater cleveland to work, mainly on freeways so I didnt notice until I started driving surface roads more frequently. It was bought in oct 2012 and has 23k. Today (10-21-13) took it to auto nation ford in westlake. It shakes horribly when starting from a stop and happens after I drive for a while. As I was dropping it off the service lady had a guy with the same exact problems that I had dropped his fiesta off too. They offered a rental and were very nice. They called in the afternoon and said they had to replace the clutch in the transmission. BTW Also had the catalytic converter replaced in august and had a spark plug wire come loose in jan. I bought the extended warranty which looks like it will come in handy (serviced 3 times this year alone). The folks @ auto nation are great!! This isnt a sales pitch im just telling it like it is. They are extremely professional and have handled my issues without any kind of BS. They are doing a great job and I am hoping that this story has a happy ending. [like] update to follow

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 Ford Fiesta transmission

ok so i'm having the same issue everyone else
got car towed to ford dealer in SD
the do a diagnostic tell me nothing wrong i drive down pick it up same issues white smoke trans if crap get the manager in the car so now igive them back the car
what are my options ?
the just fix it and then i sell it ?
lemon law ?
[3gears]

·
Registered
575 Posts
Ford needs to get this resolved before they get too much egg in the face. The thing that really bites is, Ford isn't even manufacturing this transmission themselves. Aisin Warner is most likely the supplier for them, I'll have to find out for sure.

The trans are gertrags .The dual clutch is made by LUK. The clutch was developed in Germany and tested the dies to make the components where mostly all made in Germany then shipped to the plant in Ohio to stamp the parts then shipped to Mexico for assembly per Gertrags recommendation.Where the trans is also built.I am pretty positive the Fiesta and Focus are the same clutch and trans.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shudder fixed!

Hi guys! I just recently got my 2012 Ford Fiesta and it now has about 18,000 miles or so on it. I too was having an issue with this shudder. I took it to my dealer and they said the transmission needed to be recalibrated, or something close to that. I took it in, they had it for a few hours, and then I went and got it. On my drive back home, it was still doing it. I called and scheduled another appointment for the next day. Well, the next day it had completely stopped and has not done it since! My mechanic said it is a common problem because Ford just started with the automatic clutch system, but he hasn't had anyone have to come back in after the recalibrate the transmission. I am very please to say it is fixable. [thumb]

·
Registered
575 Posts
all there clutchs are assembled in Mexico after 2008.They pretty much do all torque converters now and work for the ZF gear box

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good luck. I just got a call back from my dealer and Ford finds what you describe (and what I have h experienced on my 2012 Fiesta) to still be "in spec". Basically, that means the folks at Ford corporate just want you to go away. The transmission will be discontinued later this year and what? We have to live with Ford's incompetence because they lack the ethical backbone to fix the problem. Fiestas and the Focus are both going in to the dealers at high rates for the problem you describe. Oh, my car was in when it had 22,000+ miles for the same thing. A lot of parts were replaced...but it wasn't fixed. Best of luck. Do you know of a good class action law firm? That is where we will have to take this mess next, IMHO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Absolutely. You have a lemon. They are discontinuing this transmission this year (2014). It's a lemon but if you have had it less than 30 days you may legally be able to return it. Good luck. Think about a Nissan or Toyota. Both far more reliable that the fuel efficient turkeys from this "ethics-free" US corporation.

·
Registered
575 Posts
My local trans shop loves Hondas. He always has them coming in for rebuilds

·
Registered
8 Posts
Computer Controlled Clutch

I have (had to, actually) found that you really have to baby the car. No rapid acceleration, no even moderate acceleration. Just drive live a 95 year old retiree with bad vision. Also, put the transmission in neutral every time you stop.

Those are the fixes that I have been working with since my car hit 18,000 miles (it now has 44,000 miles). Ford won't fix it. They give it a sunshine tune-up evaluation and tell me it is "in spec".

Oh, yes, DO NOT STOP THE CAR GOING UP A STEEP HILL: The transmission will NOT let you get it going again. You have to back it down the hill and start over, as it just won't engage in 1st on the hill.

I would judge that it is going to have to take a class action lawsuit to get redress from Ford Motors. Nothing else has worked. How do we find everyone who is afflicted by this defect? Any ideas?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts