Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was giggedly today goofing around and decided to go to FordVehicles.com. Drooled over the EcoBoost SHO, watched the video, then decided to see what was up with the Fiesta. I was allowed to pick 3 options I wanted most in a Fiesta- which of course were 1) Turbo 2) Sport tuned suspension 3) Sport tuned exhaust.

Apparently 46% of other people who had gone to the site also picked a turbo. Now I wonder how many would choose a highly fuel efficient diesel, but Ford didn't give me that choice.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Funny ... I did the same thing today on their build your own site ...

I got excited thinking they would offer that option.

Now I am thinking if enough of the poll has the performance parts they might actually have that as one of our option for the US versions of the Fiesta.

here's to hopeing.

-Ray-

·
Registered
61 Posts
will the fiesta have rear discs? i assume they have them in europe.

personally, i would be more interested in having a nice suspension and brake setup than i would in having a powerful engine.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Actually I believe the Fiesta is a Rear Drum car. (Saves on the cost of the car)

And the options on the little build your own did have sport tuned Suspension as an option.

-Ray-

·
Registered
61 Posts
Actually I believe the Fiesta is a Rear Drum car. (Saves on the cost of the car)
well that is disappointing. i just hope that ford does not decontent the fiesta like they did the focus, 10 years ago(the european focus did have rear discs and the front discs were larger). still looks like a sweet little car, i just dont want to have to replace any parts to be able to enjoy living with it day in and day out. now that i am older, i dont really have any interest in modifying a compact car anymore.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That's why you have one for mod and fun and another car for a DD

-Ray-

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's why you have one for mod and fun and another car for a DD

-Ray-
well right now, my miata serves both purposes. i want to retire it from DD duty one day(hopefully sooner, rather than later) but i do not want to replace it with a soul-sucking appliance. i would prefer my new daily driver to have some sort of driver enjoyment built into it. this is why i am interested in the fiesta. it looks to be a fun little runabout that would be a good compliment to the miata(and that elise which i will have one day).

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I was giggedly today goofing around and decided to go to FordVehicles.com. Drooled over the EcoBoost SHO, watched the video, then decided to see what was up with the Fiesta. I was allowed to pick 3 options I wanted most in a Fiesta- which of course were 1) Turbo 2) Sport tuned suspension 3) Sport tuned exhaust.

Apparently 46% of other people who had gone to the site also picked a turbo. Now I wonder how many would choose a highly fuel efficient diesel, but Ford didn't give me that choice.
Judging from the historical Us consumers tastes, easily quite a bit less than 15% of the Fiesta buyers would choose the Econetic. Furthermore, in Europe the compact segment is FIVE TIMES as large as the US. Hence, they can offer a slew of engine options. Likewise, in the US the full-size truck market is much larger so we have many more options.

will the fiesta have rear discs? i assume they have them in europe.

personally, i would be more interested in having a nice suspension and brake setup than i would in having a powerful engine.
The Euro car has drums. You will not be disappointed with the drums. The car brakes fantastically well with them.

And the options on the little build your own did have sport tuned Suspension as an option.

-Ray-
Correct, Euro spec has rear drums.

well that is disappointing. i just hope that ford does not decontent the fiesta like they did the focus, 10 years ago(the european focus did have rear discs and the front discs were larger). still looks like a sweet little car, i just dont want to have to replace any parts to be able to enjoy living with it day in and day out. now that i am older, i dont really have any interest in modifying a compact car anymore.
Ford does not intend on de-contenting the car. In fact, a birdie told me that we can expect MORE options than the Euro market. Fancy that.... [hihi]

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I want a turbo Fiesta...A turbo kit directly from Ford as a bolt on?? I would buy it!!!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Who wouldn't. Just means the internals can handle an even bigger boost down the road.

-Ray-

·
Registered
97 Posts
if it was an option i would seriously consider the fiesta

·
Registered
671 Posts
A TDI diesel would be nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts