Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Last year I found a local company, that does dyno tunes and installs on old school engines as well as the new stuff. They do everything from intake swaps and 4 bbl upgrades to turbo and supercharger installs. Anyway, I have an appointment on June 21st to get my car dyno tuned and to get rid of the code from the header install. I'm hoping for 425 at the tire, that would equate to 500 at the crank. The power pack I have is only rated for 21 rwhp on 91 octane, but all the other aftermarket CAI's that are big enough to require a tune claim 33-36 rwhp. So I figure ford ford left about 20-25 crank hp on the table as I also have an 87 mm throttle body and I run 93 octane. Throw in the long tube headers and high flow cats, the resonator delete/x-pipe and ford racing mufflers. I'm about 95% sure I'll exceed 400 at the tire, I'm hoping for 425. I would love to say I have 500 hp all motor.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Well today was the dyno day. It was 93 degrees and high humidity and they got 425.8 hp and 380.4 tq at the wheels on a mustang dyno. So I actually have 501 at the crank.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts