Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body ever notice the over abundance of used new body style (2010-up) camaros that are sitting on the used car lots. In my town we have a mile+ stretch of car dealerships ranging from Hyundai and Kia to Mercedes and Porsche, we even have a Fiskar dealership. Sitting on the used lots at these various dealerships are 14 new style camaros, 8 of them at the same dealer (Honda). To be fair the same Honda dealer also has 4 corvettes, 3 mustangs (an 03 mach 1, an S197 convertible V-6, and a 13' boss 302) and two challengers and an SRT 8 charger.

Anyway, about the camaros. What does that say about the quality of the car with so many of them sitting on used lots?

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
The previous owners are realizing just how slow and uncomfortable they really are, and are upgrading to the V6 mustangs [:D]

SVT

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think they are realizing just how much gas they are using up. Don't get me wrong it is a fun car to drive, but we sure did not think about the gas when we bought it. As for slow and uncomfortable....not at all.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
i actually liked the camaro until i test drove one. found the beltline to be too high causing alot of blind spots for me. otherwise was comfy

·
Registered
114 Posts
I tried sitting in one once, being 6'0", I had trouble fitting properly. And I could hardly see anything. And though it felt super cool, I couldn't do it often. lol

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
so we know Jack is....well, a little on the shorter size...and cant see. and some one 6' cant see. Who is this thing designed for?

I think most of them are on the lots still because they are still overpriced.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Lol, I'm 5'6" so not short. But i felt like i was driving an old claw foot bathtub with a shower curtain wrapped around the back half...

·
I don't care
37 Posts
i actually liked the camaro until i test drove one. found the beltline to be too high causing alot of blind spots for me. otherwise was comfy
That was my experience sitting in one, though I haven't driven it. Based on that brief time spent poking around, I realize I could never live with one day in/day out even though I like the car in general.

People trade in new vehicles for a variety of reasons. We hear it all. Last night we appraised a 2012 Mini Clubman with less than 12K miles on it. Reason - "It's too small." Really??

With most 2 doors in general, the #1 reason I hear is that they had or are going to have a kid (or a 2nd one) and it's just too impractical and aggravating to get the kids and seats into the back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
so we know Jack is....well, a little on the shorter size...and cant see. and some one 6' cant see. Who is this thing designed for?

I think most of them are on the lots still because they are still overpriced.
Lol, I'm 5'6" so not short. But i felt like i was driving an old claw foot bathtub with a shower curtain wrapped around the back half...
Im 5'8 and have no issues driving it, guess I got used to looking around blind spots. I had the same issue in my 05 F150.
As for overpriced, think that is a big factor too of why you see so many on lots.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I haven't driven one but I rode in a co-workers SS. I wasn't impressed with the power he got on it and it just went. My friends 302 foxbody scares the shit out of me, that was just a v8 cavalier. I also had trouble seeing out if it. The only thing I found cool was the blue mood lighting in the door, and I felt cool in it because it was new and had just came out. lol

He didn't like it because it was useless in the winter and it had horrible mileage. He also has dodge magnum he drove as a DD. He just recently traded the magnum for a 2012 Ram, and the camaro for a 2013 Cherokee. He said he lost his ass on the trade-in value for the camaro.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A guy i know just traded in his focus for a Honda at the dealer I mentioned and posted a pic, you can see all the camaros lined up in the background, there is 11 of them in the pic. And remember, this is a honda dealer, not a chevy dealer.

·
I don't care
37 Posts
A guy i know just traded in his focus for a Honda at the dealer I mentioned and posted a pic, you can see all the camaros lined up in the background, there is 11 of them in the pic. And remember, this is a honda dealer, not a chevy dealer.
Ganley is a very large dealer group in your area. It's not uncommon at all for stores to share/swap used car inventory. They may feel they stand out somewhat more at the Honda store than with a sea of other used Chevrolet products.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts