Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crazyness ... for fun, I wanted to see if anyone would have used 2010 Fiestas ... and to my surprise ... THERE ARE SEVERAL.

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/ford-fiesta-overview

None of them were standard though and none had the features I would want.

Too bad ... I would have picked one up because of the fact its quite a bit cheaper than buying a new one ... and I have plans that would more than likely void the factory warranty ... lol.

Eh, thought I would share.

-Ray-

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's funny. My wife has been looking up new houses ... we want to move closer to Downtown again and I have been looking at the Fiesta ... over and over again.

My wife is actually looking forward to getting one also and helping me deck it out for a nice show ride and 3rd car for us to use.

-Ray-

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm thinking one of two scenarios, they couldn't afford a car and got over their head even with a baby hatch/sedan or hey settled for base and really wanted more and sold/traded for an upgrade.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I thought I saw the base models in the used section that were running around 13k.

But yeah the ones with the body kit and more options were between 17-19k ... might as well buy a new one.

I think the newness of the car still keeps those used prices up. I bet by XMas this year or early next year that will change.

-Ray-

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bet your right. There hasn't been enough payments towards the equity of the vehicles value, its been all tax at this point, so there market value is still full price.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well ... I am definitely keeping my SVTF and the Edge is either getting kept or getting upgraded to the newer Edge and that's it there. Then we want one more car and I should be good. So the Fiesta will be my Third for now.

-Ray-

·
Registered
54 Posts
several trips between Harrisburg -> Albany, NY and Harrisburg -> Baltimore, MD as well as Harrisburg -> Carlisle, PA every day.... yeah, I rack up miles pretty quick.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is definitely a trip you have there Slipster17.

Why the commute if you don't mind me asking?

And you pass Albany ... I was there end of last year visiting my wife's family who live in Saratoga ... just North of Albany.

-Ray-

·
Registered
54 Posts
That is definitely a trip you have there Slipster17.

Why the commute if you don't mind me asking?

And you pass Albany ... I was there end of last year visiting my wife's family who live in Saratoga ... just North of Albany.

-Ray-
It's really only a 35 minute commute. I never really mind it because It's highway the whole way. The wife (before we married) had been working in the Hershey area for a few years before I moved down with her. It just happened that the job I landed was at the newspaper in Carlisle. Rent is nice and cheap in the Hershey area where we were living so it didn't really make much sense for us to relocate to the more expensive area across the river in Camp Hill.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
^^^ Yeah, I feel ya. Our Fofo is gonna hit 200K soon, and we try really hard to keep the miles off of it and take the beater when we can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a used 2011 that was just 2 months old and had 1,400 miles on it. Saved THOUSANDS. Love it. Still has the new car smell. Previous owner didn't want a stick shift (her husband bought it for her) so they traded it in and took the loss.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts