Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at the ford dealer the other day, my buddy wanted me to look at a tricked out mustang for him. anyways, while waiting for the sales rep, i popped the hood on the fiesta, does it have VCT on BOTH cams??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes, the VCT is on both cams. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i thought. they should right a cam tune that will allow for a super lopey idle on a fiesta! that would be sick!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That's interesting.

And that would be cool to see what a tune would do to that.

When the time comes, the Timing Belt is going to be one tough change.

-Ray-

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, that will be a PITA! lol, glad i don't have one YET! i'm seriously considering building one of these over an SVT for Rally America!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Well ... I am going to get one and build for show as oppose to go.

I will stick with my SVTF for all of the racing fun.

-Ray-

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know, i'm 50/50 on it! but apparently the fiesta actually does better in rally! but i know the SVT so stinkin well, i can fix alot of the stuff on them and know how they handle. i just don't know yet! arrgghhhh

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
^^ I know tough decisions huh ...

I am going to hold out and see if they bring a performance Fiesta to the US shores. Before I buy.

-Ray-

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, to run rally america, you need to be NA ur first year, so i'm not too worried about a performance version seeing as how it will likely be turbo'd. what i want to find is someone who totalled out there's and is selling it for cheap. i'll rebuild it and go from there.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Same here ... or at least one that was in a minor bump or just returned because they didn't like it.

-Ray-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts