Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have trouble with hard shifting in the A/T? Mine does this a lot. I have read that there are tranny problems with the Escape, but it also has a high rating as a good buy. Anything to do about this hard shifting?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmm that is a messy job. I have to see if its covered under the warranty. Would this be part of the drive train warranty? I guess I should ask the dealership. It has a 5 yrs drive train warranty. Thank you for the response!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
31, xxx still covered as of now and I am getting an extended warranty as well. I will bring it back and them look at it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh wow, ok I will do that. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made an appointment with the dealer I bought it from for Monday. He told me it might just need to be reprogrammed, but wants it to be looked over to make sure that is all that might be wrong. So, hopefully its just a reprogramming. Thanks again!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took the Escape in today and had it looked at. Turns out it did need reprogramming and the trans fluid level changed. All under warranty and shifting good now. Thank you again!

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
And what seal was leaking to cause it to be low (so you can keep an eye on it)?

SVT

·
Registered
575 Posts
The 6f35 was interduced in 2009 there was a issue with the left axle seal leaking. And reflashes when they came out most all the bugs are worked out of them. They dont have a filter you change during maintance just drain and fill.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
You could install an external filter using the cooling lines, like I did...

SVT

·
Registered
575 Posts
I made some of the dies that make the torque converter for the Escape and Fusion it was a big job and they cut our hours to 40 a week and still wanted everything done on time that was in 2008 they called it 6f mid. We also made the CD4E torque converter.I thought the Edge was like A 6F45. I dont think its the same not positive though they would tell us what products our part went into we didnt do the Focus,Tuarus unless it was the Ecoboost then it was the 6f x converter.Now they do the Focus powershift.I left in 2012 so they could be the same now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts