Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll get this started.

I'm a Teamleader at AGC Automotive Americas in the tempering dept. I'm in charge of a Forklift operator, and three line workers. I have to make sure the print room, tempering furnace and inspection area of my line stay running, and produce quality parts for our customer.

Company wide we make automotive glass for just about every car manufacturer you can think of. Some I don't even know who they are. lol

Our building currently does 40% of Honda, soon to be 100% Ford and 100% GM. We also do Mopar, Mercedes, Fisker, Toyota, Nissan, and several others.

To name a few off the top of my head that you would recognize.

We currently do all the windows for the MK3 focus, edge, and mustang. The rear hatch for the corvette. the rear sliding windows and fixed windows for the F-150, tundra, and tocoma. Just to name a few.

My line takes raw flat glass, we print it, temper and shape it. Then ship to the customer.

We make all the rear glass for the Toyata camry, Ford taurus, Nissan Altima, Ford edge and Ford focus. We just took on a new pre-prodution Buick we actually ran trails on it today.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
I work at SRG Global. Formally Guardian Automotive.

It is an injection molding, plating, and painting plant that makes grills and side trim for hundreds of vehicles. We make parts for Ford, GM, Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota, BMW, Mazda, Harley, International, and Hino. There may be others I can't think of right now.

I work in the molding department where we take the plastic and inject it into the molds to make the raw parts. I am a process tech. I am responsible for changing from one mold to another, material changes, setting up the robots, processing the jobs, and currently in training for adjusting and setting up robot programs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I work for a small lawncare business (me, my boss, his wife, and sister in law). I also work as a grounds caretaker privately owned/public access former horse farm (no horses anymore). In the winter, I work on a tubing hill on said horse farm.

Nothing exciting but I love what I do and it pays the bills.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I'm an civil engineering tech. I work on job sites doing project observation, qa/qc, on site adjustments, and dealing with the public. Most of mine deals with sewer, water, and roads within municipalities, but I have done railroad, bridges, and the like. I'm the eyes and ears for the engineer on the sites.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
I'm a retired fire chief. I'm now a fabricator for offroad vehicles. I own my own shop and am in the process of starting a build of a hardcore offroad ranger. The project is called HWW (Hardcore Weekend Wheeler). It'll be an x cab with a tube bed, shortened wheelbase, full width solid axles with a custom hybrid axle out back. Custom doubler, manual trans and most likely a 5.0 running, 36" iroks with custom beadlock rims. I'm also an ASE certified, as well as a certified EVT (Emergency Vehicle Technician)...

SVT

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am a Systems Engineer for a Fortune 500 company. My group is Desktop and Mobility Engineering. (Windows guy, who is turning into an iOS biotch)

P.s WP8 for the Win. I have seen some serious iPhone users go WinPhone8 and say great things. I don't expect it to take market share, but the seemless integration between the WP8, Slate and Win8 desktop sure makes for a great user experience.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The line was running flawless today so I had some time to take some pics. We was running four door focus glass today.

Here's the printroom, this is my printroom operator Kelly. She is inspecting a piece of glass that just got the outter ceramic edge printed on. It don't have the grid lines printed on it yet.

This is the tempering furnace the double doors on the right all the way in the back is the print room.

This is the cooling conveyor that comes off the front of the furnace after the glass is shaped and tempered. All the light to the left is the inspection, and palletizing area.

These pics are taken standing just above the cooling conveyor the glass comes out then goes straight into the grid checker to make sure all the lines heat up.

I have to take off a piece of finished glass every 15 mins and inspect it for any flaws. And take some measurements.

Here's a quick shot inside the furnace. It's a bright red hot orange. I dunno why it was purple on the phone.

Sent from FBI surveillance van 2

·
Registered
40 Posts
I guess you could say im a Sub-Contractor, last 12 years was in apartment maintenance, been a property Service Manager for the last 7 years

·
Gets more V8
136 Posts
I don't do anything.

·
I don't care
37 Posts
Auto sales for the past 13 years, the last 9 1/2 with Subaru. Funeral service in a previous life.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I'm an electrical maintenance technician in a huge integrated steel mill in Cleveland. I'm the guy the machine operators call when they break something and the line stops, thus stopping production. I deal with everything from 4-20 millivolt control circuits all the way up to 11.5 KV transformers and transmission cables and everything in between.

The perks of working there is we supply every domestic auto manufacturer with steel and most imports so I qualify for the supplier discount. I get it on Ford, GM, Chrysler, Fiat, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Hyundai, Kia, and Volvo. Honda and Toyota don't give out discounts for employees or suppliers and neither does the german brands.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
That's why I bleed blue...oh wait, that's taken, that's why I drive only Ford's!

SVT

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
That's why I bleed blue...oh wait, that's taken, that's why I drive only Ford's!

SVT
Actually I grew up with my dad only driving fords and I lived within spitting distance of the Cleveland engine plant and downwind of the foundry where they cast the blocks and heads. I've smelled the smokestacks for so long I've been brainwashed into only liking fords.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts