Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah Motorola is slowly losing market shares to HTC and Samsung, hopefully Google will turn it around. This is my first time owning an Android phone and I'm completely amazed by the support out there, I spent hours already reading up on it. First thing I did was unlock and rooted my phone.

Previously I had a Windows phone and I was counting down the days before I was able to upgrade, worst thing I've ever owned.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Tracfone. Nothing fancy and internet is largely unusable but it gets the job done and leaves more money for parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
iPhone 4S here with iOS6...been on the iPhone since the 3G and doubt I will be leaving anytime soon. Integrates well with the new MyTouch and Sync...have a cradle for it mounted right next to the rearview mirror so I can access the necessary phone functions together with the car options.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
HTC EVO 3D here. I love my phone, the processor speed is incredibly fast. I'm thinking of unlocking and breaking it though. My last system update was almost like a virus, changed every setting from left to right side screen, slowed my keypad response, changed my auto correct, and a few other things that irritating...

SVT

·
Gets more V8
136 Posts
Ive been using an LG optimus S (ls670) rooted, and running a ported ROM of cyanogenmod 9 which is Ice Cream Sandwich. I think the OS version they designed this for was froyo or something. No, gingerbread. ICS is great. Waiting for the jellybean port to finish.

I can watch HQ YouTube vids now. something i couldnt with the stock rom.

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife has a Samsung Galaxy Stellar. Pretty decent little phone overall. I find it extremely odd that a newer phone would not have a flash on the camera (hence no flashlight). It runs ICS wonderfully.
Makes me wonder as well, the cost savings of adding an LED for the flash is little to nothing for them.

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive been using an LG optimus S (ls670) rooted, and running a ported ROM of cyanogenmod 9 which is Ice Cream Sandwich. I think the OS version they designed this for was froyo or something. No, gingerbread. ICS is great. Waiting for the jellybean port to finish.

I can watch HQ YouTube vids now. something i couldnt with the stock rom.
What did you use to Root your phone Mike?

·
Gets more V8
136 Posts
What did you use to Root your phone Mike?
Hmm Tom, it's been so long ago I don't remember. I recall maybe two years ago I rooted it? maybe even three? I know I had to use a command prompt to do it. Then I bricked the phone a little while later and had to do it again. It's been rooted since and I've just been putting different ROMs on there.

edit: ah I remember a little more now. I had to downgrade to an older baseband so I could even root the thing. Major PITA.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I have a Galaxy S3 thru ATT running ICS, best phone I ever had.

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you guys are in the market for the S3 and visiting an AT&T store, check out the HTC One X+ while you are there before deciding. I had my mind set on the S3 until I played with the HTC and ended up buying it instead. It has a faster processor with 64GB memory. The only downside is lack of a Micro SD Slot and no access to the battery.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
That's why I love my EVO 3D. Removal micro SD, removable battery. I'm surprised they made the 3D for as short as they did, and I've only seen sprint carry them...

SVT

·
Registered
83 Posts
^I have the same phone (HTC EVO 3D) but lately it's been pissing me off. It keeps freezing on me every once and a while but other than that, I'm happy with it.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Mine too, its the last system update (6/12) that's causing it. That's why I'm thinking of rooting it. I looked to see if I could remove the last system update, but couldnt find it...

SVT

·
Banned
221 Posts
I have an Iphone4 and i have to say I love it, but that may be beacuse I have Sprint now and not ATT. ATT has gone down hill and there service all together is crappy!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nothing Fancy I can't afford a real phone so I go with pre-paid.

LG Optimus Q

With Fish bone case and Massive decal.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts