Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To date, I have 7 Ford's, my offroad truck which is a 96 ranger x cab aka SVT, I have a 2wd x cab 96 ranger aka the lowrider that's been decommissioned and will get rebuilt as an offroader, a 94 x cab ranger aka HWW that will be built as an offroad weekend wheeler, I have an almost complete 77 bronco that's waiting for a spot in the shop to get restored as well as a project name, a 91 4 door F350 4x4 aka Fordzilla that's probably going to get fixed and sold, it was bought as a donor, my 89 mustang (RIP) that I someday hope to resurrect, and last but not least is my 02 sport Trac aka ST for DD activities..

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, this is my current list, I don't think I have enough space to list every vehicle I've owned over the years LOL

SVT

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
I still own all my Fords.

04 Focus ZX3
01 Focus SE Wagon
12 Focus SE Hatch
89 Bronco II XLT
Ranger Bed Trailer

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still own all my Fords.

04 Focus ZX3
01 Focus SE Wagon
12 Focus SE Hatch
89 Bronco II XLT
Ranger Bed Trailer
Now I'm really showing my age [rofl]

SVT

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Current?
1.87 ford ranger xlt beater
2. 86 ranger ex fire dept. brush truck
3. BEATER 89 toyota corolla commuter
4. 2003 focus ztw wagon
5. 2003 ford zx3 Pw supercharger etc. etc etc.
6. 1984 5.0 mustang, blown, 5 lug conversion etc etc etc
7. 1985 mustang svo project

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, let's see. Starting with my first...

1. 86 toy tercel 3 door (about the size of a Honda civic crx, two days after I bought it for $50 I installed 8-12" subs in it

2. 86 ranger from Pepsi

3. 87 mustang 4 cylinder, for 3 weeks, did my first V8 swap at 18, also installed 8 JL Audio 10's, won several audio competitions, and was the loudest novice car in New Orleans area

4. 88 ranger

5. 87 broncoii

6. 87 thunderbird v8

7. 82 fairmont

8. 81 Ford econoline van

9. 89 broncoii

10. 87 mustang coupe

11. 84 ranger

12. 87 Taurus

13. 97 cougar v8

14. 93 Mazda mx6 2.5l v6

15. 96 probe GT

16. 87 Honda cbr 600

17. 97 Honda accord

18. 96 ranger (lowrider)

19. 89 mustang 5.0 (1fine89)

20. 96 4x4 ranger (SVT)

21. 92 F350 dialog (silver bullet)

22. 91 F350 4x4 (fordzilla)

23. 75 F250 4x4

24. 77 early bronco (project resto)

25. 02 sport Trac (ST)

26. 75 F150 4x4

27. 97 explorer 5.0

28. 99 explorer 5.0

29. 99 explorer 4.0

I know I'm missing a couple more, but that's what I can remember. The last 4 are out of order, but were mainly donors or parts trucks...

SVT

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
Nice I see that we had two similar cars together. The Fairmont and Probe.

The Fairmont was probably the most reliable Ford I've owned. It was a hand me down from my dad and had nearly 400k miles before we finally donated it.

The Probe on the other hand was one of the most unreliable Ford I've own. I had only 120k miles on the car and had to rebuild the tranny twice. Had a bunch of overheating issues, I was happy to trade her in to purchase my first Focus.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm gonna do some pic whoring. These are from my audio days. I ran a shop back in the mid to late 90's. This is the wall I built in my 87 B2...

For some reason I lost the rest of the pics of it finished. Here is the head unit in the dash. Can anyone spot the mod? Do you know why this was done?

My 86 pepsi ranger and me goofing off at the house with my B2

My B2 on the left, and my cousins B2 on the right. Identical twins, same year, paint, interior color, only his was a standard, mine an auto. Hard to see, but my truck has a front license plate that says "Friends don't let friends drive chevrolet"..

This is a 97 expedition I built for a buddy for shows...

This is another buddies camaro I built. I built several sound systems in this car...

This is the sound system I started in my 96 lowrider, but changed it before I finished, and didn't take any more pics...

Some more pics of the lowrider with the ex modeling. 96 ranger 3/5 drop on 22s...

SVT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tom, like you, I got the fairmont on a hand me down from my uncle. The probe I got for $500 with a bad trans. I swapped out the auto for a 5 spd and I really enjoyed that car. The MX6 I had, had the same motor, and as hard as I drove that car, it still got 38 mpg. Wish I still had that car. I actually bought the MX6 as a parts car so I could install the 5 spd in the probe, but when I bought the car, it only needed a distributor, so I flipped it for double my money....

SVT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Right now? An '86 4Runner being parted out, an '85 4Runner getting built, an '00 Explorer hauling the groceries, and an '89 f250 hauling me to work.

But the situation is ... fluid.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Goodness Rick, did you compete in any sound competition?

I had an automatic with my Probe and I think that was the biggest problem with reliability.
Yeah, post 9, #3. I competed for about a year and a half, took first in all but one. My very first competition I placed 2nd, but I wasn't really planning to win. I literally threw the system in the car the day before so it wasn't finished, just roughed in. I had all 8 JLs then, but only installed 4 in the hatch. I had the high record there, but I lost points for having wires showing. My highest record was 159.4dB, I could have gone higher, but as soon as I hit that, I literally blew the back hatch off my mustang from the pressure levels inside the car. I competed in the Whitley nationals mainly, and a few mobile one autosound shows (real big audio shop in new Orleans, always held shows and competitions. Back in the day when punch was strong, they were the number one seller. I only managed to keep 2 of all the trophies I had though...

SVT

·
Registered
40 Posts
Currently
1)03 Focus ZX3(going back to dealer)
2)01 Focus ZX3(in drive way exhaust laying on driveway underneath)
3)97 Explorer 4X4 DD/work truck

Previous Fords
1)67 Ford Pickup with 3 spd manual shifter
2)87 Mustang 4cyl
3)85 Mercury Lynx Wagon

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
My pre-Ford days:

86 Toyota pickup
92 Toyota pickup
85 Toyota pickup
88 Toyota Celica
91 Sunbird
90 Beretta
82 Mercedes 300D Turbo Diesel

Don't hate me for the GMs. The Sunbird was the ex's that I acquired, and the Beretta was the same from another ex. Both were sold for scrap.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
At least they went to the proper home [:D]

SVT

1 - 20 of 37 Posts