Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hope that you can help a forum newbie.

I have a 2014 SEL on loan for several days and have enjoyed it enough to consider buying. But reviews rate this car well below average and bad value used. Anyone care to explain? CU says "Electronics" are awful, and as a 1999 Taurus wagon owner I know all about random wipers, failed AC, etc. although the rest of that (analog) car has been solid and cheap to maintain. If electronics means just the inept MyFord+Sync "entertainment center" then I can live with that failure because I find radio vapid. I could get an SE to avoid it, but that model has unappealing interior aesthetics to me. So it's SEL or elsewhere if the rest of the electrical hardware sucks. Please enlighten me

Thank you

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Are you talking about the My Ford Touch system that has the hvac controls in the lower right quad, the navigation in the upper right quad, the sync in the upper left quad and the radio/entertainment in the lower left quad? If you are then just make sure it is updated to the latest version which is 3.62

I had a 2012 focus titanium with the my ford touch system that came off the lot with version 2.11 and it was really bad, almost unusable. Over time ford came out with updates and with each successive version it got better. By the time 3.62 came out in late summer of 2013 it was damn near perfect. There is still some glitches but it is much more usable.

If your looking at used make sure it has been updated to 3.62, if your looking at new then don't worry as every vehicle that ford sells with MFT has had 3.62 since summer of 2013.

Don't worry about the reports of bad electronics, the reviews were based on the early versions from 2011 and 2012. The system was so bad back then that most reviewers rated the cars as a do not buy. It's only software, as they updated it, it got better and now it's a good system. I know, I've had three of them, the 2012 focus titanium, the wifes 2013 escape titanium that she still has, and my 2013 f150 FX4 that I still have.

·
Registered
575 Posts
A guy I work with checked out the cmax verse the toyato. He bought the Cmax and loves it hes had it for almost 2 yrs. with no issues now hes looking to trade his other toyota for a Edge because he wants awd. Other then that I think he gets 45 mpg in the summer.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just read the consumer reports. They give bad reviews on most 12-14 Fords. In the in car electronic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts