Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one ordered new floor mats for winter for your 2013 escape? I'm looking at the Lloyd's mats but have not pulled the trigger yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered the factory winter mats with the vehicle order, but they are much to be desired like the Focus mats. The drivers mat doesn't cover under the gas pedal or the left foot rest. I have heard of some owners on other boards the Huskey's are currently available and the WeatherTech's are a few weeks away.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had heard the factory items didn't have as much coverage as the aftermarket versions. I'll probably order the Lloyds next month. Do you have a link to the weathertech's? I didn't seem to find them when I looked before.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
weathertechs have been nice in the other cars I have had them for.

·
FF Founder
1,585 Posts
I would suggest getting the Weatherliner from WeatherTech over just the regular all-weather floor mats. The liner itself contains water a lot better.

The Lloyd's mats looks more like the regular all-weather mats from WeatherTech, but at a better value.

It looks like the regular WeatherTech mats are out, but not the liner style.

Weathermats
http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2013/escape/floor-mats-all-weather/

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a set of Husky Liners installed in my 2013. They fit great and have really good coverage up the sides, behind the pedals and over the dead pedal. The WeatherTech's don't cover the dead pedal very well.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you have any pics of them installed? I'd like to see them. Who did you order them from?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I do, here you go. I ordered directly from Husky on their web site. Sorry about the size of the pics, I didn't realize they would be so large.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those do look good, like a big bath tub. I will have to look at those.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was checking the WeatherTech web site last night and although they aren't specifically Escape liners that are shown, you can clearly see the difference in coverage behind the pedals and on the dead pedal and all WeatherTechs are like that.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered the Huskey mats last night. After looking at those and the Weather tech ones, they both looked much better than the Lloyd version. Weather tech was quite a bit more expensive than the Huskey. I bought the mats for front & rear seats and the mat for the trunk space. I'll take some pics when I get them.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the Huskey mats last night. They were a lot more plasticy and less rubbery than I expected. The front and middle seem to fit great but I had some issues in the very back. after I put it in, the hatch failed to close. I pushed it in farther and it was dark but I don't think it lines up quite right now. I'll have to look at it again tonight.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
The husky's are cheaper that the weathertechs and can be found on amazon for 10 bucks less than direct from husky.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
after having mine in this winter and watching everything they have collected, I'm really glad I got them.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I just bought a set of the huskys from amazon for the wifes escape. 159.00 with free shipping and no tax. I also bought a ford accessories rear mat for 80 bucks, it has ESCAPE embossed into it and fits like a glove.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got the weathertech liners in my 12 focus and already ordered my weathertech liners for the escape that's on its way... Dead pedal coverage isn't the best but I love the look of the mats how they compliment the interior with a better than oem look and fitment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got the weathertech liners in my 12 focus and already ordered my weathertech liners for the escape that's on its way... Dead pedal coverage isn't the best but I love the look of the mats how they compliment the interior with a better than oem look and fitment.
I swear by weathertech products. I had to winterize my Escape when I drove it from Arkansas to Alaska and those were one of the first purchases.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts