Ford Forums & Technical Discussions banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this will be a slow build as I work 2 jobs currently.

So this was my old bronco that I sold:

Picked up this ranger:

Slung some paint:

Picked up a Locked and geared Dana 30...with some terrible stuff welded onto it...so I cleaned everything off of it, swapped carrier bearings and added a solid diff cover

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, yeah I really like this cover. Really well built. I love that it comes with all new hardware and a tube of rtv. Oh plus the price point is really nice.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I still regret selling my old b2.

I had no issues with mine. Everything clears just fine. Thanks for the heads up I was planning on picking one up for my 8.8

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No a buddy was upgrading to one tons on his ZJ, so I grabbed it from him. They had some terrible terrible welds on it, along with a crap ton of mounts on it that needed chopping off.

Take a look at his "truss" it just fell off.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I'm new to welding as well. But I just laughed like crazy when I cut the tube and that chunk just fell off the housing, didn't even hit it with a hammer.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Grabbed some shafts from pick n pull half off sale.

Found a nice disk brake 8.8 but that thing was giving me major crap while pulling it so I walked away

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, turns out there is only 1 95+ Cherokee at the JY in my area. When I finally got to it, the thing looked like it had been rolled at least 4 times.

I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out if the axle was straight before I spent the time pulling the shafts.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have all new ball joints and brakes coming in the mail, ball joints will be here this week. Brakes are snail mail... So no idea when they'll show up.

Should have the front completed here shortly then time to move to the back.

Working 86+ hours a week allows for the extra money to throw at parts but I am really lacking in time to do anything.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok so I have the front planned out as far as lift goes. Running 5.5" rubicon express Cherokee coils.

But I still am undecided on the rear. If I use shackles and exploer or Chevy leafs I'll still need to run the factory block to get the height I want... I really don't want to run a block.

That leaves me with what? Lift springs? If so what are some good ones?

Would is be unwise to combine an explorer pack with a ranger pack to achieve the lift needed?

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I have a set of bell techs that I will use, and that gives you what 2" roughly?

So should need about 3" or so. Maybe bastard pack wont work...

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am also looking at some skyjacker lift leafs, but I am unsure right now.

Front is just about done, time to focus on the rear.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah my bronco had explorer leafs and shackles, flexes good for what it was.

I just hate the block I the ranger and want to delete them.

I'll go ahead and try the ranger and exp leaf packs and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Explorer leafs are great. I am running them with an extra leaf added, 2" shackles, and stock steel Ranger 2" blocks. Better than the aluminum ones.

I'm at about 5.5" of lift.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts